Thursday, December 1, 2011

GOOD BYE LUNA



This is Luna at 18 weeks. She passed away yesterday just shy of 20 weeks of an as yet undiagnosed virus that affected her brain. This is my good bye to probably the best Rottweiler puppy that I have ever been priveleged to train, and I would put her in my all time top 5 without hesitation. I started her at ten weeks and by 18 weeks she had met over 100 people and at least that many other dogs both on leash and off leash. When this picture was taken she had progressed to the point where she was working off leash in public environments and regularly went with her owner to lunch in outdoor restaurants who accepted dogs and would quietly lay under the table. It was an exciting pleasure every time the lady met me so I could work with Luna because she learned so quickly and was always willing to try new things. If I seem a littled confused it's because I'm trying to type this with tears in my eyes and this old cowboy doesn't tear up easily. Good bye little friend.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dad, that's so sad. Now you've got this old cowgirl tearing up at work. DAMN IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So4rry, I meant damn it how come they have to go so soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks,I know you share my thoughts. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beauty, sorry she is gone. Tears in my eyes too. Love to you Karen

    ReplyDelete