Saturday, November 26, 2011

"..........shame on me."

My days always start before the sun gets up and by dawn I've had my second cuppa, laced up the boots, and headed out to start working with dogs.
Today was the same and by ten o'clock Shep and I were mid way through four miles of exercise and schooling and the coffee kicked in and the old trainer was hunting for a bush or a tree. You see we don't have "public potties" or Starbucks on every corner so a fella has to improvise. 
Not to worry, I remember a culvert/bridge arrangement not far down the road so we hustle along and duck under the road to relieve ourself. Well I'm standing under the bridge doing my business and gazing off yonder as men are want to do in times like this, and I sense my left boot and sock is feeling a little wet and warm. I glance down and Shep is standing along side looking off yonder in the same direction as I and has his leg cocked and he is peeing on my leg and in my boot.
Well I can promise you that if someone could have caught a video of that plus the squaw dance that followed, and posted it on You Tube, it would 'a gone viral in less time than it took for my boot to dry.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, THAT'S funny. Sorry 'bout yer boot. Nah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boot smelled so good/bad that every dog I came near was wanting to "mark" it and this morning one of the cats was backing up to it. Maybe I'll had to dig in my chest for some Channel Number Five.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm sorry but I'm still laughing over this one! Quite the dog trainer, hope Shep didn't think this is something that he could repeat. Had to stop and wipe a tear from my eye before I could continue typing. Still laughing... Love you, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was just marking over what the big dog had just marked.

    ReplyDelete