Wednesday, June 29, 2011

LURE & REWARD FIRST STAGE

At this stage we are simply getting the student to follow my hand.When she moves to follow my hand I will open my hand and give her the treat. the process is "lure" the dog into position and when the dog responds favorably he is rewarded. Normally I perform this section in a quiet environment "off leash" but for purposes of these pictures we had a leash on only for the dog's safety because we took the pictures with the dog up on a terrace so we didn't distort things by shooting down on the dog. I will repeat this action for as little as two or three minutes and give her a rest then repeat and rest probably three or four times depending how readily and with how much enthusiasm she shows. a happy and successful session ends with play.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment